An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Legal Cashier to join a growing Accounts department in Newcastle. Working for a large corporate organisation in Newcastle Upon Tyne.
As part of the larger team you will be responsible for processing cash transactions of the business i.e. receipts, payments, transfers. You will also deal with petty cash and expense claims, reconciliations along with general administrative duties and assisting with internal, client and supplier queries.
We are keen to attract candidates that have a high standard of accuracy and attention to detail. Ideally previous experience working within a similar role, however we are open to consider candidates who have worked in a fast paced, high volume Accounts department outside of the legal sector.
Maintenance of client ledgers and related records
- To assist with the maintenance of client ledgers and related records, consistent with the requirements of the SRA Accounts Rules.
- To assist with the daily banking and providing a daily list of cheques received by the firm.
- To correctly post client related monies received into the firm.
- To assist in the receiving and transferring of monies to other firms via CHAPS (Telegraphic Transfers) for completions.
- To assist with the depositing & withdrawals in relation to the firm’s deposit accounts held at other banks/building societies and liaising with them.
- To assist with the calculation and posting of interest due to clients.
- To produce client cheques.
- To verify client files prior to closing, ensuring nil balances.
Maintenance of office ledgers and related records
To ensure maintenance of computerised office ledgers and related records, consistent with the requirements of the SRA Accounts Rules, VAT regulations and other statutory obligations.
- To correctly enter office related monies onto the firm’s accounting system.
- To produce office cheques.
- To assist with the transferring of funds to pay outstanding invoices.
- To assist with the transferring of time between files.
- To assist with the write offs to clear outstanding balances.
- To assist in all aspects of petty cash.
- To assist with the accuracy of invoices/credit notes sent to clients.
- To assist with purchase ledger to ensure correct payments to the firm’s suppliers and maintain ledger records of such payments.
Provide support to departments as requested
- To provide monthly management reports and accounts information to management and fee earners as requested.
- To suggest operational improvements in the accounts’ department.
- Good knowledge of SRA Accounts Rules (Desirable)
- Excellent organisational skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Flexible approach to work
- Ability to work well within a team
- Ability to prioritise work & meet service delivery requirements
- IT skills (including word, excel, database management)
The successful candidate can expect to be offered a competitive salary and a range of other benefits including pension scheme, and a range of flexible benefits such as life assurance, holiday purchase and many more.