Are you an experienced Compliance Monitoring Officer from a highly regulated industry?
Are you wanting a new challenge?
We have a permanent full time vacancy available in Gibraltar with regular travel back to the North East of England.
Relocation, Travel and accommodation costs covered.
– The Company’s operations in Gibraltar function effectively and efficiently and at all times remain in compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements;
– The Company remains within Appetite, reporting on performance and progress against the same;
– The Company and its functions operate in accordance with ‘mind and management’ requirements from its Head Office in Gibraltar; and
– The Company demonstrates suitably robust control not only of its own operation but those of its key Partners, to whom it has outsourced activities.
|· Planning and prioritisation;
· Commercial focus;
· Customer focus;
· Team working;
· Flexibility and managing change;
· Creating business improvements; and
- Key Responsibilities:
- Establishing Risk-based monitoring programs;
- Conducting monitoring activities, identifying and reporting on control issues and actual or potential exposures;
- Where necessary in relation to specific Risks, supporting the Company’s Risk & Compliance Specialist review the suitability and performance of internal controls but always doing so when monitoring activities, processes or departments of the Company or its outsourced partners;
- Determining compliance with internal policies and procedures;
- Verbally communicating findings to, and agreeing recommendations/deliverables with, relevant management before providing subsequent written reports containing details of such information as well as detailing deliverable owners;
- Managing the closure of monitoring report recommendations;
- Providing monitoring performance management information to the Head of Risk & Compliance for escalation to the Board or the Board’s Risk & Compliance sub-committee; and ensuring that any lessons learnt from auditing is shared across all business areas.
Key Skills and Knowledge
Preferable but not essential:
* University Graduate
* General Insurance background.
Benefits: Including Pension, Private Medical Insurance, Gym membership and more:
Salary Neg, depending on level of experience.
Interviews held in Newcastle.