A new opportunity for a Legal Secretary has become available within our clients Property team based in Leeds. Working for a prestigious organisation this is 9-12 month fixed term contract, covering Maternity leave. This role is key to support fee earners, to organise and prioritise their workload on an ongoing basis.
This role would be ideal for a candidate with previous Legal Secretary experience in the Property sector. This position offers a varied workload, allowing the successful candidate to increase their knowledge and experience in this sector.
- Maintain fee earner diary and be aware of fee earner’s day to day commitments.
- Preparation of inward and outward post.
- Alert and agree with fee earner, any changes in circumstance and priority with regard to workload.
- Preparation, submission and downloading of property searches using TM Property Searches.
- Preparation and submission of Stamp Duty Land Tax forms using the SDLT website.
- Produce / assist in the completion of monthly bills.
- Use precedents as directed and delegated by fee earner to prepare and draft documents as directed and supervised be fee earner.
- Be fully conversant with all Microsoft Packages to an advanced level.
- Be proficient in document preparation including house style, schedule levels, stripping out and re-formatting documents, table of contents, formulas, track changes, document comparison packages.
- Facilitating/ organising room bookings, accommodation, travel tickets, the booking of telephone conference calls and video conferences.
- Undertake any reasonable request not particularised above that reasonable arises from the business activities of the fee earner and other members of the unit.
Required experience, skills and attributes
- You can screen and prioritise calls, including voicemail messages, to fee earner.
- You have a professional telephone and you are able to retrieve and transcribe as appropriate voicemail messages left for fee earner.
- In fee earner’s absence you can reasonably assist by returning calls and emails to deal with enquiries when suitable.
- You can provide the fee earner with fast and accurate typed material.
- You can create and maintain information relating to clients and their matters.
- You ensure the correct inputting and submission of time recording.
- You will open files in a timely manner ensuring all relevant money laundering documentation is completed to comply with the Solicitors Accounts Rules.
This job summary is not exhaustive and will be reviewed periodically to take account of any developments.
The post holder will be required to deal with confidential and sensitive information and projects on a daily basis.
The successful candidate can expect to be offered a competitive salary and a range of other benefits including pension scheme, and a range of flexible benefits such as life assurance, holiday purchase and many more on a pro rata basis.