A rare opportunity role has arisen for an experienced Legal Secretary to work within a large corporate law firm in the centre of Leeds City Centre.
Our ideal candidate with have previous Healthcare legal secretarial experience, however we will consider candidates with Legal Secretarial experience gained within a corporate legal firm.
Initially this role will be part home based however in time this role will be office based.
Working hours are 9am – 5.30pm Monday to Friday (37.5 hours per week)
Interviews for this role will commence shortly.
- In conjunction with fee earner, organise and prioritise workload on an ongoing basis;
- Maintain fee earner diary / be aware of fee earner’s day to day commitments;
- Preparation of inward and outward post;
- Alert and agree with fee earner any changes in circumstance and priority with regard to workload;
- Liaise with clients and take instructions under the supervision of and as directed by fee earner.
- Produce / assist in the completion of monthly bills
- Use precedents as directed and delegated by fee earner to prepare and draft documents as directed and supervised by fee earner
- Preparation of forms as appropriate, under the direction of Fee earner
- Be fully conversant with all Microsoft Packages to an advanced level.
- Be fully conversant with the firm’s software packages used within the Healthcare Unit including, Microsoft Office suite of programmes, Laserforms, and Practice Manager
- Assist with the running workflows in Practice Manager / Case Management System as appropriate and directed by Fee Earners
- Be fully conversant with the firm’s case management system for general accounting enquiries.
- Be fully conversant with the firm’s document management system (Interwoven or Practice Manager).
- Preparation of Court forms, to include Claim Form, Particulars of Claim, Schedule of Special Damages and List of Documents, as appropriate and under the direction of the Fee Earner
- Be proficient in document preparation including house style, schedule levels, stripping out and re-formatting documents, table of contents, formulas, track changes, document comparison packages
- Facilitating / organising room bookings, accommodation and travel tickets;
- Facilitating/organising the booking of telephone conference calls and video conferences;
- Undertake any reasonable request not particularised above that reasonably arises from the business activities of the fee earner and/or other members of the unit.
- Maintain a pleasant and efficient telephone manner;
- Take full messages and give fee earner all relevant information to facilitate return call if required;
- Screen and prioritise calls, including voicemail messages, to fee earner
- Answer unattended calls within the unit;
- Set out of office voicemail greeting when fee earner are out of the office;
- Retrieve and transcribe as appropriate voicemail messages left for fee earner in their absence, taking full messages and give fee earner all relevant information to facilitate return call if required. Where appropriate, return calls to establish the nature of the caller’s enquiry and if this is a matter you can reasonably assist with, deal with the enquiry. Refer, as appropriate, messages to other fee earner within the unit to deal with priority enquiries
- Set out of office greeting when fee earners are out of the office;
- Retrieve and prioritise, as appropriate, email messages received by fee earner in their absence. Where appropriate, if it is a matter that you can reasonably assist with, deal with the enquiry. Refer, as appropriate, messages to other fee earner within the unit to deal with priority enquiries
- Provide fee earner with fast and accurate typed material;
- Devise precedent letters and documents in conjunction with fee earner to improve productivity and use of the computer system;
- Maintain main computer precedent documents in conjunction with the system administrator;
- Advise system administrator of problems on the computer system, together with areas for improvement.
- Maintain efficient filing and administration system that allows for prompt retrieval of information and material
- Create and maintain information relating to clients and/or their matters;
- Ensure correct inputting and submission of time recording;
- Ensure correct use of equipment, including any required reporting of faults;
- Maintain replenishment of consumables and advise of any shortages that require re-order.
- Ensure effective liaison with fee earner and department administrator over holidays and required cover;
- Liaise with other secretaries within unit to share work, if appropriate, to ensure best use of staffing resource
- Liaise with other secretaries to ensure office cover during lunch periods where appropriate
Salary £23,000 – £24,000
Benefits include 25 days holiday plus bank holiday, pension and more.
Immediate start is available.